Today, we’re looking into a pretty penny of a set. Well it was a pretty penny until it died. But fear not when working on pricey sets like these!
Television: 58-inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz Smart LED HDTV
Model #: 58L8400U
Symptoms: Completely dead. We can’t see or hear it powering up and there’s no indicator light. Just kaput!
- One of these days, we won’t tell you that the first step is to double check all the connections on the set… Today is not one of those days :); Everything checked out and looks nice and secure.
- Our first inclination is the PSU (Power Supply Unit). Plugged the set in and then we waved our Fluke VoltAlert over the PSU on the hot side and no indication that the board is live. Zilch!
- Welp, that means the PSU has no power and is indicative of where the problem probably is. We then brought out our Fluke meter to test the fuse. It read open when the circuit should be closed (blown fuse).
- Soooooo, Bad fuse = Bad PSU. Replace that bad boy.
- Put in the new PSU and now it’s good to go! *Applause, applause*
Soluction to Repair: Replace the Power Supply
Board Responsible: PSU (Part#: PK101V3720I)